Tuesday, March 13

Mini Married Life Update

I'm excited that tonight Craig and I have tickets to see Janeane Garofalo at the State Theater. It's the first time we've been out at night to do something (other than go out to dinner) since...well, it seems like forever! It was his idea, too.

We're starting to settle in, being more comfortable with one another, though it hardly seemed possible considering how close we were before. Every day seems to bring a new understanding, or something else I hadn't considered, or some new level of just being a couple. As much fun as it would be to have babies, right now I'm still waiting to see where the married-couple thing goes, and I wouldn't want to spoil it or keep it from reaching its potential. Still...tick, tick, tick, tick...

If I had gotten pregnant on my wedding night, we'd be having a baby this month.

In other news, I'm starting to settle into my new last name. I like the sound of it. I like the way it goes with my first name. I like that no one is ever unsure how to pronounce it. Occasionally they leave out an L or add an S, but so what; it's still mostly right. I like signing it because it's all loops and just seems to flow off the tip of my pen, though sometimes I get carried away and throw in a loop too many.

Also, unrelated, it's nice to have all the windows open again.

Even if it means it's "motorcycle weather" for the douche who lives downstairs.

No comments: