Friday, August 24

House Hunting, take one!

For those of you who haven't heard, Craig and I are for real moving back to Charlotte! We hope to be moved in by the end of October.

Tonight we hit the road after work for the (ugh, 7 hour) drive down, and begin our search with our fabulous exclusive buyer's agent, bright and early tomorrow morning!

We have a big list picked out to look at already. If you're interested seeing some of them for yourself, you can look them up on the MLS. I'd send you to the Charlotte default MLS, but I don't like their photo/info tools as much as I like Allen Tate's (realty office in Charlotte) so I will send you thither instead!

http://www.allentate.com

MLS Comments
700599 The bungalow house
673437 Coffered ceiling
676122 Coffered ceiling, but empty
696531 The paint house (you'll see what I mean)
689743 almost identical to 696531 but nicer floors, and neutral
674658 great master bath
686806 lots of hardwood, nice kitchen, sunroom!
699796 pond and rose garden
693876 lake view from 2nd floor
679730 Charleston style, lake view from 2nd floor
701763 Lots of light, space, open fp, wood, lot
682794 Pool! But no photos. Backs to greenway
665269 beautiful kitchen, wood, yard

Unfortunately, you can't put in more than one MLS number at a time, but don't let that stop you. The first handful are probably our favorites, with the exception of the ones towards the bottom with the view of Lake Norman.

I'm so anxious and excited all at once that I've made myself sick. I've had deadly deadly heartburn for the last 3 days, and even though I know I'm hungry, I'm slightly more nauseous than hungry, so it's a problem. I need to calm the fuck down.

We're staying at the Westin in uptown Charlotte for three days. First, I love the beds in Starwood properties. They live up to their "heavenly" title. Second, I watched them build that hotel when I lived uptown, and I vowed that one day I would stay there because it's gor-ge-ous. Today's the day! Plus, I got the room for $109 a night!!!! We may have to pay for parking on top of that but at that price, so what.

It's going to be an exciting weekend... Stay tuned and wish us luck!!!!!

No comments: