Friday, March 31

Chain Mania

Have you ever been sucked in by a chain restaurant without ever realizing it was a chain? It's happened to me at least a few times.

When I was just out of high school, my friends and I went all the way out to Hazlet to go to the Macaroni Grill. We thought it was such a kick that they had these pieces of paper on the table that you could draw on while you waited for your food. The food was just okay, but...the entertainment value of that paper was priceless!

Now there's lots of places that do that of course. And then I started seeing that restaurant a lot more often.

When I lived in NC, I got sucked in by Carrabbas. Now there was some good food. They gave you a TON for a reasonable price. I used to take my parents there when they would visit.

Also a chain.

Then when I moved to Charlotte, I was really into PF Changs for a while. Mmm lettuce wraps.

Damn, also a chain.

Then there was Rock Bottom Brewery. How are you going to claim to be a micro-brewery when you're really a chain restaurant?? For shame.

At least those were honest, easy to make mistakes, and not like I got sucked in by the Hard Rock Cafe or something...

No comments: